Don't let a dull saw blade keep you from processing with ease. We offer standard sized blades with 1/2" wide (10 teeth per inch) to provide easy cutting action. Step it up a notch with our 1" wide blades (10 teeth per inch), perfect for carcass and bone splitting. These replacement blades are designed to fit our Meat Hand Saws
- Apply pressure on forward cutting stroke only. Relax pressure as you drag saw back for next cut. Dragging teeth backward under pressure will dull blade fast.
- Keep control, let the saw cut don't force it. Too much pressure on ends of the saw will flex blade, resulting in short blade life along with tiring operator.
- About one stroke per second is top speed.
- With proper technique, speed, & pressure a person can saw all day long without tiring or breathing hard.
- Pick a blade (teeth per inch) so at least two teeth are in contact with work at all times. This prevents catching a single tooth tearing it off the blade.
- Never put a new blade into an existing cut. Flip the work over and start a new cut opposite the first cut. A worn blade makes a narrower cut than a new blade. Placing a new blade into the old cut will ruin the "set" on a new blade during the first few strokes.
- Carbon Steel
- Rust Resistant
- 1/2" wide - 10 teeth per inch
- 1" wide - 10 teeth per inch
- replacement blades are designed to fit our Meat Hand Saws