Our Collagen Rounds are used instead of natural casings to make ring bologna and liver sausage. Before use, soak casings in cool water for 3-5 minutes. Casings will automatically bend into a curve as they are being stuffed. String tied at one end. For best results, cook in oven or smoker at 180 degrees F until the internal temperature of the bologna reaches 165 degrees. Place a pan of water in the oven or smoker to provide humidity during cooking. When internal temperature is reached, remove and place in cold water for 15 minutes to prevent shriveling. Non-Edible.
Approximate stuffed weight: 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 lbs.
- Use for: ring bologna, bologna, trail bologna and summer sausage
- Size: 1 1/2" x 18"
- Diameter of 43mm (approximately 1-7/10")
- Preparation: Soak in non-iodized salted water for 3 - 5 minutes (1 gallon of water to 1 cup of salt)
- Cooking Method: Can be hung in smoker or cooked in the oven until the internal temperatures reaches 165°
- Clear in color
- Holds 1-1/4 - 1-1/2 lbs. per casing
- Shrinks with the meat to prevent wrinkling
- These casings will curve when stuffed
Which Casing Do I Use? | Smoking The Perfect Sausage | Casing Troubleshooting
How To Make Sausage At Home: