LEM's Collagen Middles Casings are the perfect alternative to fibrous casings. These collagen middles are clear, unprinted casings made from beef protein, non-edible with a string tied at one end. The advantage of collagen middles casings is they shrink with the meat, thus eliminating the loose, wrinkled casing you sometimes get with the fibrous. Soak these casings three to five minutes in salt water prior to stuffing.
How to use Collagen Middles
- Use for: Summer Sausage, Trail Bologna and Salami
- Non- edible
- String tied at one end
- Preparation: Soak in non-iodized salted water for 3-5 minutes (1 gallon of water to 1 cup of salt)
- Cooking Method: Can be hung in a smoker or cooked in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F
- Color: Clear
- Holds approximately: 3/4, 1-3/4, 1-1/2 - 2lbs. per casing
- Shrinks with the meat to prevent wrinkling
- Sizes Available: 1-3/4" x 24", 2" x 12", 2" x 18"
- Casing Count: 10, 25, and 100 count packages
Which Casing Do I Use? | Smoking The Perfect Sausage | Casing Troubleshooting
How To Make Sausage At Home: