Create delicious sauerkraut, pickles, kimchi, and more with these ceramic, water-seal crock sets. Crafted from durable, fully-vitrified stoneware clay, these crocks are kiln-fired, lead-free, and have a glazed exterior and interior. Each set includes a crock and a lid, plus two semi-circle, unglazed weights to keep food submerged for uniform fermentation.
Fermenting is an ancient tradition that retains (even boosts!) the nutritional value of vegetables. Simply add water to the gutter to create an air-tight seal that allows fermentation gasses like carbon dioxide to escape while excluding airborne contaminants like mold. Water seal eliminates the need for frequent "burping." Built-in handles for secure transport.
2L crock (approx. 1/2 gal.) holds 2-1/2 lbs. of cabbage and makes 1 qt. of sauerkraut per batch.
5L crock (approx. 1-1/3 gal.) holds 5 lbs. of cabbage and makes 2 qts. of sauerkraut per batch.
Designed for you by Roots & Harvest, a family-owned company, to make creating from scratch a bit easier.
- Fully-vitrified stoneware clay
- Crock and lid are glazed, weights are unglazed
- Set includes crock, lids, and 2 semicircle weights
- Hand-wash and dry completely before storing
How to Make Homemade Sauerkraut - Step by Step Guide
- 2L Crock (approx. 1/2 gal.) is 7-1/2" dia. x 8-1/2" H
- 5L Crock (approx. 1-1/3 gal.) is 11 7/8" L x 11 7/16" W x 16 1/8" H