This favorite delivers a tangy explosion of flavor Backwoods fans love. A game sausage you'll make over and over again.
Make delicious Summer Sausage in your kitchen with easy-to-follow directions! Everything you need is included!Each Kit Contains:
- Seasoning with Cure
- Fibrous Casings
- String (to tie open end of casings)
Backwoods Sausage Seasonings have been delighting customers since 1991. We make it simple with our easy to follow instructions and pre-measured cure in every package. Enjoy these Cured Sausage Seasonings, painstakingly flavored to make the greatest wild game or domestic meat cured sausage around! Each seasoning package includes a packet of Cure.A Note About Cure:
Cure should be used to control botulism as well as add color and flavor to your smoked or cooked sausage.For consistently flavorful sausage use the recommended number of pounds of meat this package is intended to produce.To make the entire 5 lb. package at one time:
Dissolve entire seasoning and cure packets into 5 ounces of water for 5 pounds of meat.To make smaller batches:
Use 4-1/2 teaspoons of seasoning, a scant 1/4 teaspoon of cure (1.1g) and 1 ounce of water for each pound of meat used.Directions:
Process in one of the following ways:
- Grind a mixture containing at least 20% pork or pork fat.
- Dissolve seasoning and cure in water. Mix thoroughly with meat until tacky.
Refrigerate or freeze finished product.Keep cure out of reach of children.Do not use more cure than recommended.Seasoning Ingredients:
- Roll into logs (about 10" long and 2" in diameter). Roll back and forth to remove air. Preheat oven to 300°F. and place in oven for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove and cool.
- Stuff into fibrous or non-edible collagen casings (soak casings in warm water prior to stuffing) and place in refrigerator overnight. Preheat oven to 180°F. and place in oven or smoke in a smoker until internal temperature of the log reaches 165°F. Remove and cool.
Salt, Dextrose, Sugar, Spices, Garlic Powder, Sodium Erythorbate (1.22%), And Less Than 2% Tricalcium Phosphate Added As An Anticaking Agent.Cure Ingredients:
Salt, 6.25% Sodium Nitrite, FD&C Red #3 (For Color), And Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide As A Processing Aid.Ingredients Do Not Contain Gluten, No MSG.Warning:
This product is manufactured in a facility that processes tree nuts.Print 5 lb. Summer Sausage Directions & Nutritional Info Here
Summer Sausage Kit Makes 10 lbs. Contains:
Summer Sausage Kit Makes 20 lbs. Contains:4 Pre-Measured Packets of Seasoning with Cure (each will make 5 lbs. of Sausage)20 - 1 1/2" x 12" Clear Fibrous CasingsFibrous Casing Information:
- 2 Pre-Measured Packets of Seasoning with Cure (each will make 5 lbs. of Sausage)
- 10 - 1 1/2" x 12" Clear Fibrous Casings
Seasoning Ingredients: Salt, Dextrose, Sugar, Spices, Garlic Powder, Sodium Erythorbate (1.22%), And Less Than 2% Tricalcium Phosphate Added As An Anticaking Agent.
- Non-edible casings
- Preparation: Soak in warm water 20-30 minutes prior to using
- Cooking Method: oven at 170° - 185°, or smoke in smoker until internal temperature of sausage reaches 165°
- Tied at one end
Cure Ingredients: Salt, 6.25% Sodium Nitrite, FD&C Red #3 (For Color), And Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide As A Processing Aid.
Ingredients Do Not Contain Gluten, No MSG.
Warning: This product is manufactured in a facility that processes tree nuts.
Print 5 lb. Summer Sausage Directions & Nutritional Info Here
How To Make Sausage At Home: