An Old World delicacy.
Backwoods Sausage Seasonings have been delighting customers since 1991. We make it simple with our easy to follow instructions and pre-measured cure in every package. Enjoy these Cured Sausage Seasonings, painstakingly flavored to make the greatest wild game or domestic meat cured sausage around! Each seasoning package includes a packet of Cure. Casings sold separately.A Note About Cure:
Cure should be used to control botulism as well as add color and flavor to your smoked or cooked sausage.For consistently flavorful sausage use the recommended number of pounds of meat this package is intended to produce.To make the entire 5 lb. package at one time:
Dissolve entire seasoning and cure packets into 5 ounces of water for 5 pounds of meat .To make the entire 25 lb. package at one time:
Dissolve entire seasoning and cure packets into 25 ounces of water for 25 pounds of meat.To make smaller batches:
Use 2-1/2 teaspoons of seasoning, a scant 1/4 teaspoon of cure (1.1g) and 1 ounce of water for each pound of meat used.Directions:
Process in one of the following ways:
- Grind a mixture containing at least 20% pork or pork fat.
- Dissolve seasoning and cure in water. Mix thoroughly with meat until tacky.
- Stuff into 32-35mm natural hog or collagen casings. Twist casings to make 4-6" links.
Keep cure out of reach of children.Do not use more cure than recommended.Seasoning Ingredients:
- Smoke in a smoker until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Place in a preheated oven of 180°F. until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Links can be grilled, fried or broiled. Refrigerate or freeze finished product.
Salt, Spices, Garlic Powder, Garlic Concentrate.Cure Ingredients:
Salt, 6.25% Sodium Nitrite, FD&C Red #3 (For Color), And Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide As A Processing Aid.Ingredients Do Not Contain Gluten, No MSG. Print 5 lb. Smoked Polish Sausage Directions & Nutritional Info HerePrint 25 lb. Smoked Polish Sausage Directions & Nutritional Info Here
How To Make Sausage At Home: