A signature blend of ingredients brings a robust, smoky flavor to homemade jerky. Skip the hassle of shopping for loads of ingredients! This time-saving marinade is expertly crafted with a flavor profile that is sure to please. Instructions:
Place meat slices in a bag or bowl, add marinade, and refrigerate for 1-3 hours. Discard used marinade.
Whole Muscle Method
- Make sure to remove all fat and SilverSkin® from the meat.
- Partially freeze meat for 1.5-2 hours for easy slicing.
- Slice against the grain for tender jerky, with the grain for traditional chewier texture, and around ¼" thick. Any thinner will be too dry, and any thicker you will have problems drying it and preserving it as it will hold too much moisture.
- Curing Jerky: Mix Marinade and Meat Cure (scant 1/4 tsp. per pound of meat) pour over meat slices (make sure all slices are covered in marinade). Marinate for 8-24 hours in a plastic storage bag under refrigeration. The longer the marinade, the better the flavor. Stir or squish meat around every few hours to ensure it's evenly coated.
- Home-dried jerky can be stored for 1 to 2 months
Water, Vinegar, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Sugar, Salt, With Less Than 2% Of Beef Broth Powder, Modified Food Starch, Natural Hardwood Smoke, Citric Acid, Worcestershire Sauce Powder (Maltodextrin, Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Salt, Garlic Powder, Caramel Color, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent), Caramel Color, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative). Contains: Soy.