Standard blades are 1/2" wide (10 teeth per inch) and provide easy cutting action. Our 1" wide blades (10 teeth per inch) are perfect for carcass splitting.
1) Apply pressure on forward cutting stroke only. Relax pressure as you drag saw back for next cut. Dragging teeth backwards under pressure will dull blade fast.
2) Keep control, let the saw cut don't force it. Too much pressure on ends of saw will flex blade, resulting in short blade life along with tiring operator.
3) About one stroke per second is top speed.
4) With proper technique, speed, & pressure a person can saw all day long without tiring or breathing hard.
5) Pick a blade (teeth per inch) so at least two teeth are in contact with work at all time. This prevents catching a single tooth tearing it off the blade.
6) Never put a new blade into an existing cut. Flip the work over and start a new cut opposite the first cut. A worn blade makes a narrower cut than a new blade. Placing a new blade into the old cut will ruin the "set" on a new blade during the first few strokes.
- 1/2" wide - 10 teeth per inch
- 1" wide - 10 teeth per inch
- Blades fit our Commercial Grade Meat Saws: # 638, # 639, # 640