Fibrous casings are clear, unprinted, non-edible sausage casing with a string tied at one end. Fibrous casings allow moisture, air, and smoke to penetrate the casing, making it the perfect casing for any type of bologna, cooked sausage, as well as dry (Genoa salami) or semi-dry sausage (summer sausage) and other cured sausages. Fibrous Casings need to be soaked in warm water for 30 minutes prior to stuffing.
- Use for: Summer Sausage, Trail Bologna and Salami
- String tied at one end
- Preparation: Soak in water 25-30 minutes prior to use
- Cooking Method: Can be hung in a smoker or cooked in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F
- Color: Clear
- Holds approximately: 1, 3, 6 lbs. per casing
- Sizes Available: 1 1/2" x 12", 2 1/2" x 20", 4" x 20"
- Casing Count: 10, 25, and 100 count packages
Which Casing Do I Use? | Smoking The Perfect Sausage | Casing Troubleshooting
How To Make Sausage At Home: