These fibrous casings are clear, non-edible, printed with "Venison Sausage - Not for Sale" and a string tied at one end. Fibrous casings allow moisture, air, and smoke to penetrate the casing, making it perfect for any type of bologna, cooked sausage, as well as dry (Genoa salami) or semi-dry sausage (summer sausage) and other cured sausages. Soak casings in warm water for 30 minutes prior to stuffing.
- Use for: Summer Sausage, Trail Bologna and Salami
- String tied at one end
- Preparation: Soak in water 25-30 minutes prior to use
- Cooking Method: Can be hung in a smoker or cooked in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F
- Color: Clear
- Holds approximately: 1 lb. per casing
- Sizes Available: 1 1/2" x 12"
- Casing Count: 25 count packages
Which Casing Do I Use? | Smoking The Perfect Sausage | Casing Troubleshooting
How To Make Sausage At Home: